Thursday, September 2, 2010

A moment of me - August 2010

Haha, so like last time I'm a few days late with this, but whatver, right?

LISTENING: heaps of old stuff at the moment, esp Stooges and Ramones, with a bit of the War Child compilation and Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers thrown in for good measure.

READING: Just finished reading two awesome books actually - an oral history of Punk (which has obviously been inspiring my music choices), and "Hungry" by Crystal Renn. As someone who's also had body/food issues and worked as a model, it was such an inspiring read for me.

WATCHING: Mad Men S3 and about to start Mad Men S4, and my friend Bri is sending me the "Heidi's Face" doco she taped off MTV for me (unsurprisingly, it's so bad it's good). Want to see S3 of True Blood too. Saw Inception at the movies recently, and LOVED it.

BUYING: Had a good trip to DFO the other day where I bought a cardigan & some pants from CR, and some cute ballet flats from wittner that have gold studded bows on the t-bar.

WANTING: Not to feel so tired. Work has been nutso again and I need more sleep!

TRYING: To get early nights :)

LOVING: New seasons fashions, the small bits of sunshine we're getting, and as always, Simon!

PLANNING: The trip to Perth in November for Kate & Gareth's wedding! I'm heading back to my hometown for 10 days, to see my family, and one of my best friends get married. Bliss! (Also trying not to panic about what to wear to the wedding. Its at a winery in the Perth summertime, so the trick is to look glamorous, but not too dolled up, and to feel cool).

WRITING: Emails and my blog, but also twitter again, as I have my iphone up and running.

INSPIRED BY: My sister, who is going through a tough time in her personal life at the moment. My mum, who is being there for my sister, and also has gone back to Uni to study nursing.

Have a fantastic weekend lovelies! I'm off to have a massage xoxox

No comments: